"Joy is a deep settled confidence that God is in control in every area of my life."
July 19, 2011
The Solid Rock
Last week at camp chapel the person giving the message used a visual where she put two cup houses in a basin. One cup house was rested on a rock and the other on a pile of sand (based off of the passage in Matthew 7). She dumped a pitcher of water into the basin and you guessed it... the sand pile dispersed. It was such a great image of what life living leaning on the Rock as opposed to trying to do it on our own. This parable is something I have heard over and over in my life but actually seeing a visual of it really got me thinking. Is my life built on the Rock in every area, or are there areas where I'm leaning on sand?
Ever since last Friday this song has been going through my head and tonight while listening to it I looked up the lyrics. I love hymns and the power that their words hold, this hymn does not disappoint!
The Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment